Sunday, January 21, 2007

Adventures in Genealogy: An Introduction

Adventures in Genealogy: An Introduction
Or
Rednecks, the Whole Truth and Little White Lies

For the Record let me tell yall I ain’t a professional Genealogist, (Grin) bet some of yall already guessed that. There ain’t nobody out there paying me to find their cuzzies or to write these little stories. (Not that I’m not open to offers) The basic facts of these stories are true but I have been known to "stretch" the truth for a laugh.

For all of yall wondering, yes there really is an Uncle Hiram, but that’s not his real name. Yes, I did take a shovel to the cemetery but only because I forgot to take it out of the truck. Yes, there really was a gang of rustlers during 1870’s and 1880’s in Texas and yes they really are my relatives. I really do live in a small town in East Texas and I do visit the Dallas library occasionally.
The main goal of these stories is to entertain, maybe even make you smile, while passing on suggestions on how to improve your research. Every suggestion I make or method of research I describe is one I have tried. In the coming months (Hopefully, unless I get fired) we will discuss the methods that work and the ones that don’t.

Please feel free to make any suggestions, send me story ideals or funny things that have happened to you while digging for hidden cuzzies. I look forward to hearing from yall.

I promise you a couple of thangs, One I will do my best to keep these stories funny. Two, the basic facts will always remain true and Three, at least one story a month till the boss fires me (Grin).

No comments: